Tuesday 17 November 2015

Trunk Full of Quilts

This was my display for a recent talk at our guild exploring Modern Quilting.  You would think I have a lot of finishes but quite a few of those piles are only quilt tops.  I have way more WIP's than finishes and I think that is going to be my focus for 2016 - just get them done!

So when I read Soma @Whims and Fancies was hosting an online trunk show I knew I wanted to join in the fun but the stipulation was to share finished quilts.  I had a bit of an oh-oh moment with that and thought about writing about maybe 1 or 2 quilts I hadn't shared in a while, that I had actually finished.

As I started pulling in photos for this post, it occurred to me instead to show the makes I can't ever show in person as I have either given them away or a certain someone has "borrowed" them (more on that later!)
Bounce adapted pattern by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co made for G's Aunt in London
Strip N'Flip baby quilt #1 for a friend on birth of baby!
#2 for cousins 10th birthday!
plus matching doll quilt & cushion

Baby quilt from Melissa Corry's Star Surround QAL
Baby Quilt from Schnibbles Full House pattern

Disappearing 9 patch dog themed quilt for Godchild #3!
Teddy sleeping! Birthday present Godchild #3
Handmade crochet teddy with his own quilt!



Bed Quilt for Mum
and the back!
Quilt designed for this room currently "borrowed" for over mum's sofa!
also at Mum's

...and she took the bag too!  Pattern Bye bye love
by Sew Sweetness.
She didn't get this one - went to a friend (we  went on holidays around China and Thailand and this made me think of her!)
Donation Quilt - first time doing clamshells - love the texture!
Baby Present for family in Chicago - pattern is Night Sky by Thimbleblossoms

Swoon Quilt - only took 2 years - wedding present for cousin in Chicago
Sunset on the Shannon - made for local landscapes exhibit - gifted to a friend!
Just so you know, they have been passed by my quality control inspector Charly!
who sometimes gets distracted from finishing things up too! 
Thanks Soma for giving me a chance to revisit these! Linking up to
Online Quilt Trunk Show | Whims And Fancies

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilts - thank you for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty trunk show. You have a talent for working with softer colours (something I struggle with). I particularly like the arrow quilt. Thanks for the great show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Being able to show off quilts that are no longer in your position is a wonderful feature of an online trunk show. Funny how your mom seems to be the main culprit of "borrowing" your items... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many happy quilts, I'm sure they spread joy everyday with their lucky recipients! I love that your mom 'borrows' things, too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW, that is some tunk show! I love all the Modern color schemes, so bright and cheerful. Love tha arrow quilts! I've been doing some arrows in my quilts lately, it's kind of like asking 'which way should we go?' cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great collection of quilts. I love the arrow quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been a delight to walk through your gallery of quilts and other makes. They all dance with such happy colour and pattern. It has been lovely to 'meet' you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous collection of quilts Ruth, your relatives and friends are all lucky to have such a talented and generous quilter in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilts! The crocheted teddy with his little quilt is totally adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice collection of "gifted works" :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing to see a trunk show on these blogs, and get a real feel for who the maker is. The style is evident Ruth. The last one, the pin basted one is terrrrrrific. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - what a lot of gorgeous gifts you've been able to give. I love that your Mum has borrowed one! It's been lovely seeing a number of different quilts by the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved that your mum keeps borrowing your stuff. You've made a lot of beautiful quilts .

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad that you have photos of yours quilts. They are all fabulous, Ruth!! It was great to see them together. Charly is ADORABLE :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful quilts! I LOVE your patchwork dog quilt! Is it from a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delightful group of quilts. Thanks so much for sharing this eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Ruth, i don't know which direction to head first, you showed us so many wonderful quilts! I would be so proud if I had made these! I love how your Mum is always "borrowing" them! Well now she has great taste! LOL You have terrific color and pattern sense! That little crocheted teddy and quilt are just too sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is your mum holding those things hostage until you make her more to replace them? She has good taste; her 'borrowing' includes a number of my favourites.
    It is fun to see a collection of so many lovely handmade creations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I especially love that arrow quilt....I can why your mom borrowed it...I would have too! COngrats on your trunk show win!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Ruth, so many fantastic quilts. I like your arrows still and 'Bounce' and also the dog in your top photo. Have you thought about making your mum bring one back every time she takes one? Like a quilty lending library.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful collection! I also have a lot more tops than finished quilts in my possession, though they are easier to bring along for talks ;-) It will be my aim to finish them for 2016 too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...