Tuesday 22 April 2014

WIP updates on lots of things!


Hope everyone had a lovely Easter!  We had yesterday off as a Bank holiday and the extra day helped me make some headway on a few projects.  I had over a week of no sewing, what with being away with work and catching up with family, so it was nice to have the whole afternoon yesterday, to get back into the swing of things and catch up on some TV programs I had missed.  I watched 5 episodes of Suits back to back while chain piecing  my triangles for Sassy Quilter's Triangle-A-Long.


I don't know why, but I had the idea of triangles being really difficult to work with.  I'm fairly rubbish at managing bias edges but starching twice and using lots of pins really seemed to make this part go together nicely.  I got 2 rows put together with no problems at all!

Points matching quite nicely too.  Only 9 more rows to go in my rainbow version of this Quilt-a-long. 

I'm all set up for chain piecing the rest of them!  They do shrink the row length quite a bit when pieced!


I did make some progress over the rest of the weekend on finishing Bachelors Walk and hope to have that to show on Friday and managed to finish my 4 blocks in our Thursday night group quilt.  I'm not too keen on the last block I made for this project and may make one more to swap this one out.  All blocks are free patterns for the Moda Signatures Quilt-A-Long and can be found at Sylvia's Stitches.


Finally, while the rest of the triangles are on the table for chain piecing, I used the space on the wall to put up my Hexagon Medallion Quilt for the Modern Irish Quilters QAL.  Yes I have 86 flying geese all made and am ready to sew them together, at long last!  Update for this is meant to be today! 


I have 4 hearts to piece for the corners and then the last border of 40 stars!  Nope I'm not finishing this one on time!  I was a bit tempted to stop at this border and frame it with a purple print but I've gone this far with it I might as well keep going and finish it right. 

So that's what's happening this week.  End of April is approaching and I've Bee blocks to do as well - going to be busy here in the crafty corner (ahem kitchen table!)

Linking up to

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Sew Fresh Quilts

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your rainbow triangles! I actually spent Monday cutting my triangles out. I'm so behind on starting this I didn't even include it in today's WIP post. But to read that it went well for you makes me think maybe it won't be so bad for me either. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all your w,i,p look so much fun! I love the blocks you made for the Moda signatures along

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done an incredible job of those triangles. Great points! The blocks are absolutely gorgeous. And of course your medallion quilt... Loving it more each time. So glad to hear you are not giving up and are going to add the star border, too. Looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so many lovely projects! i really like the colors in your sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I like the Bachelors Walk the most. I really like the addition of the pink with the navy! Looking beautiful!

    Stopping by from Lee's WIP hop http://www.domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2014/04/wip-wednesday-april-23rd.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your medallion quilt. It's coming out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you triangles! and your design wall made me laugh - I'm having problems veiwing everything, so might have to rig up something similar! Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling G I must get around to a proper design wall but as its the kitchen table that I sew on I need to tak it down from time to time - the other side is clamped to a heavy mirror. This is a flannel sheet but I think the batting I had before holds things better. Wilbur has a habit of whacking it with his tail and all my pieces come raining down from time to time!

      Delete
  8. all of your works in progress are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects with lovely choice of fabrics. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...