Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Library Project

This morning I realised there are 10 weeks to the end of March and I set my self a Finish-A-Long goal of finishing 6 quilts in that short time frame.  Ha, I must be mad or maybe I've just have lost the ability to count!  I calculated yardage on a 20" block instead of 40 last week and it seems I thought the end of March is further away than it actually is!  Seriously I am starting to think my foggy, head-cold filled head is not working properly.  Yes, my nose is bright red a-la Rudolph and I could do with 10 hours sleep but I didn't think my brain was that dopey.   So the solution, add no more projects until April!

Right, except I want to link up with Adrienne at Chezzetcooks because she has a great idea.  Pull out all the craft books and magazines you've been hoarding and not used and pick at least 4 projects to make.  I have a few craft books I've bought, lovingly thumbed through and put back on the shelf.  I've not made any projects from them.  They have been a great source of inspiration but I think it's time they were used as intended.  Of course this means not all of 6 quilts will get done by March (that was very unlikely anyway!) as I'm adding a few items, the bare minimum 4.  They don't have to be finished until the end of the year but progress is expected every month on at least 1.  There will be a link up on the 3rd Friday of every month. 

In for a penny, in for a pound so here goes:
Make a bag from charm squares,  either this one from Creative Quilting or this one from Lynnette Anderson's It's Quilting Cats and Dogs.


I bought this beautiful book last year and there are a few projects in here I'd love to do but picking one I have to pick this pieced star.  I'd like to make it slightly smaller from some charm squares I have on hand for a baby quilt rather than a throw from yardage.  I think this mini sized would be really cool!

I've been doing a lot of things with squares lately so time for some curves.  I really like the look of this project from Fons & Porter's Baby & Kids Quilts


Finally number 4 is a mini quilt like this one from Scrap Happy Quilting or maybe change it up , same idea in the shape of a Basset Hound maybe?


So nothing too big, all small projects that should be fun and I hope I can fit in amongst the larger quilts!  Linking up to
Chezzetcook Modern Quilts

8 comments:

  1. That is such an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! :)
    Greetings from Finland!
    Hugs, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some fun projects, they look really good. I keep adding things on my list too but I can't add time, can I?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo I want to do this now ... eek! There's no time! But maybe ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the camp that thinks the more you add to your list the more fun you'll have!!
    Awesome bunch of projects here, can't wait to see them come together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you are so ambitious. Good luck!!! Books look lovely and very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited to have you quilting along with us Sue! I love your picks, especially the pieced star, I have had my eye on that one! Can't wait to see your progress :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...