Wednesday 3 April 2013

WIP Wednesday : Bounce


Yes I am still working on my quilt top made to the pattern "Bounce" by Miss Rosies Quilt Co.  I made great progress last week and then came to a grinding halt over the weekend.  So much so I worked on a quick baby quilt instead of working on completing this project which is intended for Gordon's Auntie Maura.  I read that procrastination happens when you are unsure how to proceed or unsure how to complete a task.  I really think this is true.  After laying out all my pieced stars the pattern calls for trimming them down off-centre or  wonky to make them bounce.  This required being brave and cutting into my beautiful blocks so naturally I avoided it!

So yesterday I plucked up the courage and stared cutting and sewing the blocks into rows so I could chose the best placement (up, down, to the left, to the right).  Took a while but I got there eventually.   Look at all that background fabric I cut away!

Rows all neatly placed over the chair waiting to be sewn together and then onto pieced scrappy borders which I've never made before.  Looking forward to this bit!

Linking up to 


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. Great wonky stars! I agree with procrastination being from uncertainty on what to do next, or with what you've done.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...